As quoted by Paul Owens ” This lady has a wit and charm that sparkles, but her irreverent humour is positively effulgent! All of this, coupled with a beautiful operatic voice, ensure a fine evening’s entertainment full of double entendres and trenchant one-liners delivered in a style that is truly magnificent! and – yes – Splendid!”
Please go to the information centre at the Winter Gardens theatre to exchange for your wristbands. This will be open from 11am Friday morning til 4pm. If arriving after this time collect on the door at the Alhambra where the evening entertainment is.
The information centre will be open 10am sat morning for those not here Friday.
The challenge is to build (or enter something that has already been built) but something that has to do with the following criteria:
1. Travel (any mode your imagination comes up with).
2. Foreign cultures (human or alien) that you have come across in said travels.
3. Incorporate some aspect or tribute to either Victor and the Bully or Buffo’s Wake. Get creative and have fun with it!
There will be prizes:
1. A pair of tickets to the 12-14 October event
2. A signed copy of the David Lee novel “Country in Ruin:1865”, a copy of his novella and a copy of his anthology from HCS Publishing.
3. You will be written into David Lee’s sequel novel “World in Ruin:1868”, either as a villian or hero, your choice.
4. A CD and T-shirt from Buffo’s Wake!
Fantasy and science fiction writer Steve Turnbull will be joining us over the weekend in our “Arts of Steam” festival which is located in the magnificent Winter Gardens.
Steve is currently focusing on steampunk novels set in an alternative world after 1843. Unknown to many Steve is also a screenwriter and Poet.
I am sure Steve will be happy to chat to you on many levels so do pop along to his stall over the weekend where there will be a selection of books to purchase.